Thursday, March 26, 2015

"Tolerance"


Tolerance - The ability or willingness to allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of something in particular the existence of opinions behaviors that one does not necessarily agree with.

    When you think of the word tolerance, what comes to mind? To me, tolerance is patience or someone that's willing to respect others opinions no matter what they believe. For example, i'm christian. If I'm Christian, and someone says they don't believe in god I'll accept their belief. I won't stop talking to them for it. Although, I may try to convince them or show more about him, I won't judge. I'll respect and be tolerant. Tolerance has a lot to do with patience. Sometimes theirs always going to be others that make some comments that will bother you. For example, I dislike it when my mom judges my friends when she barely knows them. You can't judge a book by their cover, and i dislike when my mom judges them based on their appearance. If you want to be tolerant, you need to communicate and tell the other person how you feel. Now, that i really understand the meaning of tolerance I'll be more careful about the words of phrases I use. Things like "That's so gay" can be really harmful to others. If I can prevent myself from hurting someone in any way I will, and so should you!

No comments:

Post a Comment