Thursday, April 16, 2015

Deadline Blog #5

Deadline


          I am reading  a book called "Deadline" by Chris Crutcher. My last book was "Staying fat for Sarah Byrnes." This book was also by Chris Crutcher. I loved his book, and my teacher  had another one of his books, so I decided to read it. This book first takes place in early August. The main character, Ben Wolf, wants to spend his senior year learning information that he can use in his future. He is from a small town in Idaho that only has about 943 citizens. He is very smart and has a good chance of getting into almost any college he wants to go to. He understands that many people want to enjoy their senior year and just kind of throw it off. He wants to make sure that he makes the best out of it so he can go to a great college. All this "throwing off" doesn't really interest him. He's a very smart student, focused on himself and he knows what he wants. Im excited to see what is going to be the turning point in this story. 






Character Analysis

          I think that Ben is a very focused, independent and mature person. I know this because he knows what he wants, he wants to make the right choices so he can go to a great college and work at the career he likes and wants. Also, he's very focused. He is a straight A student, and he knows he can't throw his time off like that and that he has to take advantage of every opportunity he gets. I know this because in the book he says "Seniors want to be spending off partying and drinking, I've worked too hard to get where I am, I know I won't be doing that." This shows that he's a good advocate, that he knows what's good for him and what is not. I think that is very responsible.





No comments:

Post a Comment